Friday, December 23, 2005

Catching up ... Imagine Cascadia

Has it really been two months since my last post?! I can't believe it... so much has been happening, but I guess I kept waiting for the dust to settle,... and it never seems to. So, my apologies for suddenly dumping a whole series of posts into the end-of-year bin. And thanks to Paul Bain for the nudge...

My last post was about attending the inaugural meeting of a large bioregional sustainability effort. Since then, I've become involved in the core planning team that's hosting the conversations that we hope will lead to some kind of ongoing "movement" -- though what exactly that looks like depends a lot on who you talk to.

This group is pretty interesting -- there's a desire not to merely repeat what's been tried before, but find a new way to catalyze connection among people and groups to create a new dynamic.

There's a lot of wisdom in this group, but the pace of action is frustrating to me. It's been two months since the first big meeting, and I don't feel we have a lot to show for that time -- though I'm sure that others would strenuously disagree. It's a deep lesson that even among people who find themselves on the core team of an effort such as this we can be so far apart. Nonetheless, we're moving forward, and will hold another plenary meeting (with several hundred attendees) in late January.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home